Tuesday, August 22, 2006

NaNo '06

First off, just a quite pat on the back for me: I beat Metroid Prime 2 yesterday. Heck yes. Also, for those who care, I happened to run into Cimmie Binning a few nights ago. Nothing terribly exciting going on, though it was an interesting chance encounter.

Anyways, I've decided to try to participate in National Novel Writing Month again this year. For those not aware, I was a winner last year. My novel The Tower is available from Lulu.com here.

My problem with this year is that I've got a number of cool ideas for books, and I'd like some feedback on them. I may end up expanding this list later, but I doubt it. Here are my current ideas for a book, note that all titles are subject to change:
  1. The Siege of Ashtur: A morally ambigious book following the lives of five people in the fantasy realm of Ali'aste, as it is engulfed in war. The book culminates at the titular Siege of Ashtur. Some characters live while others die, some gain glory while others spend the rest of their lives in sorrow. This would be a lot of fun to write, and is currently what I'm leaning towards.
  2. The Journey: A sequel to The Tower, this book follows Jude and the gang as they make their way to the world of Kryon. Bad fortune swings their way, though, as the ship drifts off-course, leaving them to fend for themselves in the universe. Think "The Odyssey" in space. This book would also basically guarantee a third book, which I'm thinking would be called either "The Return" or "The Kryons".
  3. The Raeli Tales: The story of a number (currently undecided) people from all walks of intergalactic life travelling on a frigate to the world of Raeli. This is basically "The Canterbury Tales" in space, as they each tell tales of either their own lives or tales that they have heard before.
  4. Rise of the Ainaens: A tragedy set in my incomplete campaign setting of Ainae, this book chronicles the rise of the evil ainaen race, as they systematically capture, enslave, and kill the "lesser races" of the world. Not the happiest book ever.
  5. Loophole: A revisiting of my failed 2004 NaNoWriMo novel, only this time good. 'Nuff said.

Any thoughts on these novel ideas? Any other ideas that you'd like to see me write? Comment and tell me!

No comments: