Monday, May 01, 2006

The Return

I have indeed returned from my trip. It was fun, though now I'm very sunburned after a 2-hour game of beach football sans shirt and sunblock. Still, I had a good time. We cam in 2nd, for those interested in that.

I actually have a number of things I want to talk about today. The first few are ads for things. I recently purchased a copy of the Epic Role Playing Game, which, from what I have read so far, is very good. Also, I bought a copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, which I started playing earlier today. If you liked MP1, you'll like 2. The third is that I began reading the first book of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, called The Eye of the World. It's a very thick book, but very good, with very deep plots and believable storylines and characters. I highly recommend this, it ranks at least evenly with Lord of the Rings.

My last thing is that I have come up with a tentative idea for a NaNoWriMo book for this year. The book would be in the Fantasy genre, and would follow the storylines of a number of different characters on different sides of a war. Each character would be different, and each nation would have its good side and its bad side, to try to add moral ambiguity into the tale. Basically, I'd be aiming for a tragic end in a siege of an elven city, which I have temporarily named Ashtur. And it is thus that I present you with this idea for a book, which I would name "The Siege of Ashtur".

No comments: