Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Indy

So I just went to Indianapolis to see the Indy 500, and to march in ye olde Downingtown High School Marching Band. Friday we drove in a coach bus for twelve hours, which was actually not so bad since we watched Napoleon Dynamite and Young Frankenstein. On Saturday we had a parade in town, and then we headed over to a mall, where I met up with my friend Jake who lives out there. While there, Jake bought LotR: The Third Age and I finally purchased Metroid Prime. Very fun games. Sunday we headed over to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where we marched around it as part of the pre-race celebration. I left the band with my parents afterwords, and we went over and watched the race. It was quite exciting, although now, I'm slightly more red than an overcooked lobster. Then we headed over to Jake's house, where we played some Third Age, and also some Star Wars: Battlefront. Yesterday we drove home, and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. Now life is boring again, but at least tomorrow, I'll be able to see the last day of school in the nine-day forecast.

No comments: