Wednesday, May 12, 2004

the battle of gettysblog


First and foremost, in case you're blind and are reading this blog via some new Braille technology I am not yet aware of, I changed the template for my blog. Woohoo! Unfortunately, this does mean the text tail is now (sniff) gone. Oh well.


Today, I took a trip to the battlefield of Gettysburg. It was actually quite interesting, and I recommend it too anyone who lives in the area.

later that day...
Random fact that I'll bet you didn't know! During World War I, in an attempt to spread patriotism, hamburgers (German), and sauerkraut (German), were renamed "liberty steak" and "liberty cabbage". This is all fine and dandy, except German measles became "liberty measles".

1 comment:

Doug said...

Just so you know, there are actually braille computers that allow blind people to do things like surf the Internet. There are also certain programs available for both PCs and Macs which can be used to allow visually or learning impaired people to navigate the system. For example, one of the most talked-about additions to Mac OS X's next version, Tiger (10.4), is something called Spoken Interface. That feature alone might give Apple a leg up in the education market. So there you go.